One of the more difficult challenges parents must face when it comes to a divorce is establishing child custody and even visitation rights. Most courts will typically rule in favor of the child's best interests, but determining those can sometimes be difficult. A few aspects that go into child custody are:
- The child's age, gender, and health (both physical and mental)
- The parents health (both physical and mental)
- The ability for either parent to provide the necessities for the child such as food, clothing, and shelter
- The living situation of each parent
- School district locale
- The child's preference (if over the age of 12)
Depending on the above factors, the court will then award both legal and physical custody to one or both parents. The child custody and visitation agreement can be modified if both parents are willing and it still falls within the child's best interests, but typically there needs to be a lifestyle change such as relocation, job loss, or marital status)
We aggressively work through the whole legal process for your best outcome. With over 30 years in experience, we have eared the reputation of being one of the best Midland Texas child custody law firms.
Contact the Law Offices of Alan G. Moravcik
We are here to answer any questions you may have concerning child custody or visitation issues. We want to invite you to a free and confidential consultation.
For a Midland and Odessa Texas Custody Lawyer, Call 432-570-0091 or email us.